COVID 19 Data Hub, Datasets and other sources of informationMarch 23, 2020
COVID-19 Data Hub
- Ireland's COVID-19 Data Hub provides up to date data on Covid 19 in Ireland as well as a number of data visualisations such as geographical distribution of cases. The information presented is based on official figures provided by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) and the Health Service Executive (HSE). An FAQ is available here.
- The COVID-19 Datasets underlying the Dashboard are available on the open data portal for reuse. An FAQ is available here.
- Developed by teams at the ADAPT Centre, Trinity College and Ordnance Survey Ireland, the COVID-19 HPSC data is now available as open data in the high-quality Linked Open Data format at https://t.co/lf4jvzscde.
Other COVID-19 Information including EU data
- Latest News, Information and Updates can be found on Gov.ie and updates on confirmed cases in Ireland are also available from the Department of Health at this link.
- The Covid 19 Tracker app can be downloaded at this link.
- Other useful source of information on global figures are available via the Worldometers here and the World Health Organisation.
- Information from the HSE on Symptoms, causes and how to protect yourself are at this link
- The HSE has also provided information on the sharing of resources (posters, booklets and videos for use in workplaces and communities to raise awareness about preventing the spread of coronavirus. These can be accessed here
- A Business Continuity Checklist has been published by the D/Business, Enterprise and Innovation (D/BEI) https://dbei.gov.ie/en/Publications/Business-Continuity-Planning-A-checklist-of-Preparatory-Actions-in-Responding-to-the-COVID-19-Outbreak.html
- In addition a useful list of government supports available for businesses has also been published by D/BEI https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Supports-for-SMEs/COVID-19-supports/Government-supports-to-COVID-19-impacted-businesses.html (deferral of rates payments, changes to annual filing obligations to CRO, Revenue supports for business, bank support, etc. )
- COVID-19 information and advice for taxpayers and agents has been published by Revenue https://www.revenue.ie/en/corporate/communications/covid19/index.aspx
- The European Data Portal has launched a dedicated section for COVID-19 on the portal. The section provides European citizens - from policy makers to researchers to entrepreneurs – with a one-stop-shop to be informed of data and data-related initiatives that enable a better understanding of the COVID-19 emergency and to empower them to act.
In the section you can find:
- Datasets that are directly or indirectly related to COVID-19.
- Data related initiatives such as dashboards and hackathons.
- Data stories that provide more detail about one or multiple data-related initiatives or datasets and serve to provide examples of how open data can be used to generate additional insights related to the crisis.