||IRISH SOCIAL SCIENCE DATA ARCHIVE
End User Licence
The End User undertakes and agrees:
1. To use and to make personal copies of any part of the data collections only for the purposes specified in the part on intended use of data. If it is wished to use the data for any other purpose enquiries should be made to the ISSDA.
2. That this Licence does not operate to transfer any interest in intellectual property from the data collection funders, the ISSDA, the original data creators or depositors, copyright or other right holders to the End User.
3. To ensure that strictly only the End User, and those persons referred to in Section 4, have access to the data provided under this agreement. The End User shall be responsible for controlling access to the data.
4. To ensure that the means of access to the data collections (such as passwords) are kept secure and not disclosed to a third party (excluding those listed in Section 5) except by special written permission or licence obtained from the ISSDA.
5. Not to use the data collections to attempt to obtain or derive information relating specifically to an identifiable individual or household.
6. To be aware at all times of the risk of inadvertently disclosing information, which might result in the identification of an individual. All use of the data and production of all analysis and output should be sensitive to this risk.
7. To undertake to abide by the conditions laid out in the Statistics Act, 1993, and, in particular, Section 34 thereof. Please see http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1993/en/act/pub/0021/index.html
8. To acknowledge, in any work based in whole or part on resources provided by the ISSDA, the original data creators, depositors or copyright holders and the ISSDA, and to declare, in any such work, that those who carried out the original analysis and collection of the data bear no responsibility for the further analysis or interpretation of it.
9. To ensure that all such works acknowledge that copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the data and associated documentation are vested in the original data creators or depositors. Please see the ISSDA website (www.ucd.ie/issda) for appropriate wording.
10. To ensure that all such works acknowledge the ISSDA in the following way: “Accessed via the Irish Social Science Data Archive - www.ucd.ie/issda”.
11. To reference the recommended bibliographic citation in any publication that employs resources provided by the ISSDA.
12. To send to the ISSDA citations of any publication based in whole or part on resources provided by the ISSDA for inclusion in a database of related publications.
13. That ISSDA may submit details of the End User’s research, as outlined in Section 3, for statistical purposes to the original data creator or depositor.
14. To notify the ISSDA of any errors discovered in the data or accompanying documentation.
15. Any breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement will lead to immediate termination of the End User’s access to all services provided by the ISSDA either permanently or temporarily, and may result in legal action being taken against the End User. The End User acknowledges that the data depositor will be notified in the event of a breach coming to the notice of the End User within 72 hours. Permission to use the data for the specified purpose may be withdrawn by the ISSDA at any time, without notice and without cause assigned, by written notice to the End User, signed by or on behalf of the Director of the ISSDA.
End User agrees to indemnify and shall keep indemnified each member of the ISSDA against any costs, actions, claims, demands, liabilities, expenses, damages or losses (including without limitation consequential losses and loss of profit, and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) arising from or in connection with any third party claim made against any member of the ISSDA relating to End Users use of the data collections or any other activities in relation to the data collection where such use is in breach of this licence.
To the extent that applicable law permits:
a. The ISSDA bears no legal responsibility for the accuracy or comprehensiveness of the data supplied.
b. The ISSDA accepts no liability for, and the End User will not be entitled to claim against them in respect of, any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damages or losses arising from use of
the data collections, or from the unavailability of, or break in access to, the service, for whatever reason.
c. Whilst steps have been taken to ensure all licences, authorisation and permissions required for the granting of this Licence have been obtained, this may not have been possible in all cases, and no warranties or assurance are given in this regard. To the extent that additional licences, authorisations and permissions are required to use the data collections in accordance with this Licence, it is the End User's responsibility to obtain them.