Participate in the EU Datathon 2019 - Be in with a chance to win €15,000!February 5, 2019
Can you re-use open data to promote innovative services? Can you solve other societal challenges using it? Can you create mobile or web apps using open data from different information sources? If yes, the EU Datathon 2019 is for you!
The EU Datathon competition promotes re-use of EU open data from the EU Open Data Portal. Participants are invited to develop apps using at least one dataset and address specific policy or societal challenges, in one horizontal and two thematic challenges:
- ‘Innovative ideas through EU open data’
- ‘New insights into economics and finance’
- ‘Tackling climate change’
Register your team and make an app proposal by the 24 March. If your idea is shortlisted, you'll have until 7 June to develop your app. Winners will be selected on 13 June during the final conference of the event in Brussels.
The total prize funding is EUR 75 000 with the first prize in each challenge amounting to EUR 15 000.
EU Datathon 2019 is organised by the Publications Office of the European Union in partnership with the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
The thematic partners of the EU Datathon 2019 are:
- The European Central Bank;
- The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Budget;
- The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs;
- The European Commission’s Directorate-General for Energy;
- The European Environment Agency;
- The European Investment Bank;
- The European Investment Fund;
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations,
- The Joint Research Centre of the European Commission.
To participate please visit https://publications.europa.eu/eudatathon
The results of the EU Datathon 2019 are now available here