Training/Support for public bodies
Open Data Training Framework
The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, on behalf of the wider Public Service, has commissioned Urban Tide to provide Open Data training for Public Bodies in Ireland. There are different Open Data Training opportunities available to you if you work within the Public Service including:
- General Overview Training
- Training on the Technical Framework
- Training on Anonymisation and Linked Data
- Training on Data Analytics and Visualisations
There are three different levels for each training type:
- Broad Training: delivered to larger groups with participants from a range of grades and organisations
- User Group Training: designed for medium sized-groups with hands-on training for personnel who will be preparing and publishing data classified as Open Data
- 'Train the Trainer' Training- designed for smaller groups of personnel who will be providing assistance to their colleagues working to prepare and publish data classified as Open Data.
- E-Learning webinars are also available to facilitate learning if considered more suitable to business needs.
2020 COURSE OFFERINGS ARE AVAILABLE HERE
For further information on the training courses, please visit www.urbantide.com/open-data-ireland. Full details on the training is also available by registering as a buyer on the Office for Government Procurement (OGP) website.
If you have any queries regarding this please contact the Open Data team in DPER at email@example.com
Open Data Support Framework
The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, following a procurement process on behalf of the wider Public Service, has commissioned a Multi-Supplier Framework for the Provision of Technical Assistance and Support on the Implementation of Ireland’s Open Data Initiative for Public bodies in Ireland. This includes technical assistance and support for the following aspects of Open Data:
- Open Data Management
- Auditing data
- Data publishing
- Linking data
- Use Case analysis
- Data analytics
- Development of visualisation tools and applications
The Framework for the Provision of Technical Assistance and Support to Ireland’s Open Data Initiative is available to the following Public-Sector Entities:
- Central Government Departments,
- Government Agencies and Offices,
- Local Authorities,
- Contracting Authorities, inc. HSE, HIQA,Third Level Educational Institutions, ETBs, schools, etc.
- An Garda Síochána (Police), The Irish Prison Service, and The Defence Forces