Civil Parishes - OSi National Statutory Boundaries - Generalised 20m

Views: 22
Openness rating:

Originally an Ecclesiastical Division, dating back to the Synod Of Kells in 1139. After the Reformation, the Anglican Church of Ireland became the state church and retained the old, medieval parishes. These then became the administrative areas used by government. The parish generally bore the name of the Townland in which the Church was built. The 1825 Boundary Survey Act of Ireland allowed the 6 inch Survey (1:10,560) of Ireland to commence and was carried out on a parish by parish basis. They were used for administrative and fiscal purposes. Civil Parishes dataset generated from the 2019 OSi National Statutory Boundary dataset. Generalised to 20 metres.Coordinate Reference System: Irish Transverse Mercator.

  • Go to resource

Resource: Shapefile

URL: http://data-osi.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/71e071798ca34e9e88cb1a9ca2f599f7_0.zip

There are no views created for this resource yet.

Additional Information

Field Value
Last updated unknown
Created unknown
Format ZIP
License Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
Description
API Response Formats
    API Type
    API Access URL